|KEVIN D. ROBERTS/Register Citizen|
The Torrington girls basketball team celebrated another successful season Sunday evening at P.Sam’s banquet hall at Eastwood Country Club.
The Lady Raiders honored the season put together by varsity team members Aly Otis, Caycee Williams, Mariah Cerruto, Emily Eanniello, Mollie Bartles, Morgan Thulin, Dia O’Brien, Nicole Kozlak, Megan Calabrese, Caroline Teti, Mika Howard, Olivia Morrison and Paige Middleton. Torrington also celebrated successful campaigns at the junior varsity and freshmen levels.
THS graduates Otis, Williams, Cerruto, Eanniello, Bartles, Thulin and O’Brien.
To read more about the banquet and what was said, click here.
Here are some more quotes from Sunday evening’s festivities:
"It was just a pleasure to watch the girls play. It was a lot of fun."
- Torrington athletic director Janet Giampaolo
“You guys were my first freshmen group. I’m so excited to see what the future has in store for you, so good luck.”
- freshmen coach Barbara Beebe talking about the seniors
“It’s always sad to see you go, but you’re moving on to bigger and better things. We had a lot of laughs.
- assistant coach Erika Pratt talking about the seniors
“We have a great group of kids. They make me laugh every day. There are days they make me cry, and there are days they make me angry. But, all in all, and I say this every year, when we get done, they’re always going to remember the good times.”
“Seeing all my little cousins sprint across the floor to give me a hug after my game is a feeling I’ll never forget.”
- Torrington senior Mariah Cerruto
“It was like we never stopped playing after eighth grade PAL.”
- Torrington senior Caycee Williams talking about returning to the Raiders after spending her first three years of high school at Wamogo
“Wow girls, this is really it. We’ve gone through so much this year.”
- Torrington senior Morgan Thulin
“Mr. Fritch, thank you for always being a good sport when we played pranks on you.”
- Torrington senior Emily Eanniello
“We wouldn’t have gotten as far as we did without the coaches pushing us.”
- Kevin D. Roberts
- Torrington senior Mollie Bartles